R2 Capital & Investments is a technology-driven platform that provides qualified
individuals and institutions access to fully underwritten commercial real estate (CRE)
opportunities. We combine in house proprietary technology with 3rd party APIs to bring
cutting edge solutions to our clients. Our decades of institutional experience with cutting
edge technology in order to empower our investors through direct access and greater
transparency. R2 is all about innovation and we are at the fore front of FinTech in CRE
capital. CRE industry has been a laggard in the tech space and we certainly aim to
leverage on that and grow our business by use of technology. Beyond R2’s proprietary
technology (internal & external), we have developed two additional software solution
that are related to CRE capital:
Pistachio is a SaaS model that is substantially developed and being used by two of
Canada’s largest REITs and we ourselves have transacted over $1 billion worth of CRE
debt transactions on it. It’s ready for exponential growth. For more watch video:
Matrixmail is our in-house data, crm and email engine that we use to power R2
investments with. Matrixmail is a simple and effective tool and we intend to
commercialize it. Going forward we would like to integrate certain AI features with matrix
so that we can have better understanding of our clients.
In a nut shell, we are a Start up – we are ambitious, successful, experiencing some
growing pains, learning every day and striving to be the best. We are excited about our
future and hope to bring on people who can be part of our growth.
What we offer…
• Exponential learning and exposure to our CEO and leadership team who are
CRE FinTech disruptors and obsessed with growth.
• A team of super talented folks, from a wide variety of educational and work
backgrounds, who love to share their knowledge. Our principals have decades of
experience working with BMO, RBC, CIBC and JLL’s corporate finance teams
and we now leverage our relationships to offer exceptional underwritten
commercial real estate opportunities to our client base.
• Working on complex multi-million dollar deals and projects that are exclusive to
us: both on debt & equity side of CRe
• Fast paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment
• Cognitive Diversity, Sarcasm and dry humor, served with a side of in-house
• Beautiful offices located at 1 University; perfect for a downtown dweller or
• Brownie points for hitting Bull’s eye on our office Dart Board. Beer keg coming!
What you are…
• A non-traditional and not a 9-5 mindset; you are not a bandwagoner and love to
challenge the status quo
• Someone who wants to spearhead market leading technology initiatives in the
Commercial Real Estate, Private Equity, Debt financing markets
• Appetite for curiosity, change and collaboration
• Can talk the big talk but is a doer i.e “get’s the @#$% done”
• Diversity of thought, leadership and perspective
• High tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity
• Very dynamic, creative and problem solving mindset
• Someone who can look at the bigger picture but not afraid to conduct a deep dive
• Analytics junkie
We are looking for a Software Developer aka Growth Hacker to help further build and
enhance our in house technology platforms. You will be expected to write code –
Software related responsibilities
• Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications.
• Testing and deploying programs and systems.
• Fixing and improving existing software.
• Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications instructed.
• Integrate software components and third-party programs.
• Verify and deploy programs and systems.
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
• 2-3 years proven experience as a Software Developer.
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git).
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g.
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Competitive salary and equity options for the right candidate
How to apply
Email – email@example.com