R2 is Canada’s first online marketplace that provides investors access to high quality commercial real estate investment oppurtunities. R2 is a licensed firm dealing investment securities in 7 Canadian provinces and our founders & senior management have decades of experience in the commercial real estate industry and access to a wide variety of investment products.
At R2, we are looking for future business leaders and entrepreneurs.
We believe that the future belongs to smart entrepreneurs who would be willing to work passionately to create an organization of their own. Which is why we value passion, integrity and a willingness to succeed over all else. If you have these qualities, we urge you to join one of the fastest growing commercial real estate and private equity firm in Canada.
The working atmosphere is highly charged with a young and energetic team of qualified professionals, with the average age of the team being just 28 years. The strength of the team has been the resolve to succeed and make a mark for itself.
In a career at R2, we can assure you that tomorrow will not be just another day!
Please send your profile to our Human Resources team: email@example.com
Open Position – Investment Associate or Investment Manager
The Associate/Manager is a licensed Dealing Representative role responsible for selling complex private equity deals in commercial real estate investments such as JVs and Limited Partnership structures. It is a business development and client management role with a primary purpose to proactively grow and retain business from a select group of investors. R2 provides the Associate/Manager with active leads but the applicant is supposed to be relying on his network of contacts in the industry as well to generate investments for the Company.
Investment Associate will be a junior entry level role with 1-2 years of experience requirement while Investment manager will be wit 2-5 years of experience requirement.
The candidate is primarily responsible for client service by managing existing relationships, building new relationships through strategic initiatives, and ensuring the investment process. The Dealing Representative is expected to be knowledgeable about R2 product offerings, the investor subscription process, the EMD (“Exempt Market Dealer”) compliance regulations and requirements.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospective and current investors with a focus on client service.
- Assist with management in the strategization of new and innovative methods of attracting prospective investors.
- Have overview discussions with new and prospective investors to explain investment process, structuring, returns and risks.
- Maintain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of offerings in order to provide the best advice for prospective Investors
- Ability to organize and implement investor meetings.
- Maintain up to date investor files on CRM software
- Minimum 1-2 or 2-5 years financial services or real estate investment sales experience, in the wealth management/EMD industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Compliance and Accounting Analyst
R2 – Toronto, ON
Overview of Company
R2 is Canada’s first online marketplace that connects property owners with sources of capital (otherwise referred to as investors). R2 is a licensed EMD firm in 7 Canadian provinces and our founders have decades of experience in the commercial real estate industry and access to a wide variety of investment product.
Overview of Position
This is an evolving role combining accounting/finance, compliance, and general administration as primary responsibilities.
The successful candidate must work closely with other team members within the company to ensure tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. The basic essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review completed Know your Client (KYC) due diligence information on new clients and maintain KYC information and respond to KYC triggers in a timely manner
- Prepare firm and DR NRD submissions and updates
- Review subscription documents and submit confirmation reports to CCO prior to funds transfer
- Ensure that all appropriate registers, books and records are maintained in good standing and in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements; which including tracking investments and updating portal with necessary documents
- Assist in education and training to dealing representative / advisors
- Special projects as per CCO.
Accounting and Trust Functions
- Maintain complete records detailing all trust account transactions and process them on a timely basis
- Deposit and invest trust funds and posts trust transactions daily
- Prepare all incoming and outgoing wire transfers
- Prepare all aspects of trust cheques, including cheque verification, processing stop payments, stale dated cheques and certified cheques not cashed
- Keep up-to-date banking records, including reconciliation of firm trust accounts, signing authorities, and list of bank contracts
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records
- Assist upper management with all other special projects or assigned tasks as required
- Data entry, filing, photocopying, organizing and reviewing records
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, accounting software (Quickbooks, Freshbooks, etc.), Outlook and use of Internet, and ability to learn other programs
- Must be able to work overtime if requested
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work well individually and in a team within a very busy environment
- Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through oral dialogue and written format
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure and multitask
- Experience and/or knowledge working in commercial real estate, private equity, wealth management, financial services would be an asset
- Knowledge of Mortgage Lending Regulations considered an asset
- Knowledge of Prospectus exemptions and private capital markets space considered an asset
- Ideal candidate would be licensed in the category of Dealing Representative for minimum 2 years (or equivalent) and have completed either: the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), or Investment Funds in Canada (IFC), and either the Branch Compliance Officers Course (BCO) or Branch Manager’s Course (BMC)
Job Type: Full-time